Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

RESOLVED! The following fields are invalid: - Account Receivable - Account Payable

By
Georges Habache
on 2/9/15, 11:53 PM 2,802 views

We recently added modules, namely Accounting, and since then, when we create a customer or company as a "contact" card, it now says the following:

The following fields are invalid:
- Account Receivable
- Account Payable

Its very annoying as we have to manually create random unique account receivable and payable numbers every time. We removed all the related modules (Accounting, etc.) but the accounting tab is still there. Its like if the removal of modules don't perform a clean uninstall.

Any idea?

Georges Habache
On 2/12/15, 12:48 PM

Resolved!

I created another account online, then made sure that all account receivable and payables matched (I recreated all accounts and sub parent related accounts as needed on my problematic account), then they AP and AR would appear in their respective drop-down lists but wouldn't be selected by default.

To fix them to be selected by default, I had to activate the developer mode by clicking on my name then select "About Odoo" and click "Activate the developer mode". Then go on the page for entering accounts payable and receivable, choose the right account numbers then above the save / discard button you may see a selection box drop down list. Select "set defaults". Choose the parameters you want to make default.

Hope this helps many.

Sean Donovan
On 6/2/16, 2:36 PM

The answer is here

https://doc.odoo.com/v6.0/book/1/1_3_Real_Case/1_3_Real_Case_db_setup.html/

under "Properties" although the path is different in v9.0, it is Settings -> Parameters -> Company Properties, then create a new one with "Name" property_account_receivable, "field:" Account Receivable", Resource empty, "Value" account.account,2 (where 2 is the ID number).

Do the same for Payable.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/9/15, 11:53 PM
Seen: 2802 times
Last updated: 6/2/16, 2:36 PM