This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi,

We ran into an issue with the messaging.  A number of answers from clients were not being pulled into Odoo.

We noticed that part of the mail header that identified to which conversation this email related to had been removed and we think that it is for this reason that those emails were not imported in Odoo.

This happens when we reply to a message received from Odoo from an Android phone. 

Has anyone experienced the same issue and is there a solution?

Discard
Author Best Answer

I found that  old Android Mail clients and other old Mail clients (not that old in fact, just as old as 2 years ago) are not supporting and respecting the references tag in the mail header.

The emails that were not imported didn't have any references tag.

See this note from another product that manages emails.  https://github.com/ivaldi/brimir/issues/48

Discard
Best Answer

Not sure if I can help much, but I have tested the CRM and sales out looking at this type of workflow, so I'm certain I have been sending emails from my Android from from Gmail that have been received fine.

Please can you indicate which version of Odoo (I'm testing with v9) and which version of Android ? Also which app generates this on the phone, as there are several apps available which may create mails a little differently

Discard
Author

The version of Odoo is 8.0 and the version of Android is the Samsung 5.01 Android. The mail client is the default mail installed. As I said, unless there is another way the mail server detects in which conversation to load, it looks like the header is missing that section. We have one other client for which this is happening but we have no information on which device he is replying to the emails.