This question has been flagged

I carried out a transaction from Purchase Order until the Payment stage. Note that I am still practicing on how to use OpenERP using the information from the documentation. At the payment stage, I wanted to pay but the system gave me an error report. First when I used Cash for Payment method: ValidateError: Error occurred while validating the field(s) account_id: You cannot create journal items on an account of type view. Then, I changed Payment method to Bank and Checks Journal. Error: The following Items are Invalid. Account! I Then proceeded to check the accounts. I Noticed that on creating the Supplier Account, the Account Payable was a generic account I wanted to use for totalling all the separate account Payables that each customer will have. It was 210000 Accounts Payable. Type=view. Then, when creating the Purchase order, I used a different account, the specific trade payable for this particular customer: 210100 Trade Payable - Monica & Sons. Type=Regular. Parent: 210000 Accounts Payable. You can see the confusion right! How do I reconcile it that both the customer account, Monica & Sons and the Purchases Invoice will have the same account payable account: 210100 Trade Payable - Monica & Sons. I have tried several times but the customer accounts proves sturbborn. i went to Accounts payable which is of type view and unchecked allow reconciliation. Still no help. See the graphic. Both payables have balance of NGN250. http:// (image description)

Discard