Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Resize cover image on blog posts ?

Johan Mutsaerts
on 4/9/15, 6:45 AM 1,031 views

Sometimes I want to use an image that is not suitable for full-height scaling. How can I resize the area for the cover image (parent block ?) so the Title, Subtitle, Author, ... still centers on top of the image but doesn't need to be full page height ? 

After 20 views and no reply I guess the short answer is NO ? Anyone care to offer a hack or workaround ? HTML editor ? I am on SaaS so limited in what I can touch ... No one else having this desire ? Sometimes a blog post is just one paragraph, then having a full cover page (image) is overkill. Please community...

TwinCiO bvba, Johan Mutsaerts
on 4/10/15, 4:20 AM

You can develop a custom module for blog posts according to your preferences. But to my belief it should be generally an option of the web themes to have another blog layout at all. For me a full page blog title is a massive overload.

Ermin Trevisan
on 4/10/15, 6:03 AM

Anyone from Odoo SA that wants to comment if this is in the plan / road map ?

TwinCiO bvba, Johan Mutsaerts
on 4/13/15, 4:34 AM
Martin Ruf
On 4/23/15, 4:38 AM

What i did:

1. Search for "<div class="cover..." inside the HTML Editor (line 5)

2. remove fullscreen-js from the class attribute(or supersize or something simular... i cant remember)

3. add inside the same line "min-height:400px;" within the styles attribute.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 4/9/15, 6:45 AM
Seen: 1031 times
Last updated: 4/23/15, 6:30 AM