This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi, I've an issues with reset login form as is in the subject.

After I've created an new user, an invitation email is sent (and received) with a link for set/reset password but when I click on that link (after logout from all) the reset login form appears for an instance but the we page is automatically redirected to standard login form. Here I've the username as readonly and there is an empty password From here user can't do nothing.

I've a 2nd test server (should be identical to 1st one) and here reset procedure is working correctly.

Might someone give me some direction to inspect/solve this issues ?

very very thanks

Discard
Author

no one has similar problem ? is described also in https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/1162914. Here is marked as Fix Committed but really seems that there is a misundestanding on this

Best Answer

Good Day

I am experiencing the same issues at the moment. My configuration is OpenERP (Version 7.0-20130706-231041) on Debian and accessing with Firefox. Here is some of my observations:

1.) It seems to be connected to the browser - From my browser I get the correct password reset screen for a number of different user configurations. From another user's browser (also Firefox) the reset link displays correctly in the address bar, but the screen changes to the regular login screen shortly after loading the reset screen. I can actually see the login screen for a very brief time before it changes to the regular login screen. I will compare my browser settings with that of the user in question and let you know if I find anything.

2.) Another thing that I noticed is that if I have a session open (logged in) when I click on the link to set the password for a new user it goes straight into OpenERP as the user that I am currently logged in as without asking for a password of any kind. Not sure if it is related.

The first thing I noticed was that the browser of the user in question was outdated (version 15.0.1). I upgraded it to the most recent version (version 22.0) and the password reset screen issue (issue 1 above) was fixed. Issue 2 still exists, but is not a major concern for me at this stage.

Hope it can help.

Discard
Author

mmm it's not related to browser but to threads call flow. See here https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/1162914