Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

res.partner.address has been installed

v7
By
Andrew
on 4/22/13, 3:55 PM 1,531 views

I don't know how. I don't think anything recent was installed besides updates. Res.partner.address was installed and now my partner info is all messed up an not editable. Please help. How do i go about removing this model and returning functionality. thanks.

are you working with OpenERP 7.0? or is it 6.1?

Gustavo
on 4/22/13, 4:35 PM

I think you may need professional help ...

Daniel Reis
on 4/23/13, 6:06 AM

I had some time to evaluate the situation (and not panic, haha). I don't know what exactly was the culprit yet, but I discovered this:

res.partner WAS changed over the weekend. Have not looked into what exactly.

My users could only not edit street and street2 from res.partner (even though res.partner.address is installed, it appears it always has been. based on the database id of like 61)

the issue seems to stem from the view of street and street2 was set to read only (no idea how that might have been changed). I hope the correction sticks after a --update=all

Andrew
on 4/23/13, 10:12 AM

grrrr... it does not. the view returns to street and street2 as readonly

Andrew
on 4/23/13, 10:36 AM
Andrew
On 4/23/13, 3:59 PM

After more digging I think it has to do with the update on the 20th regarding res_partner_view.xml. The address fields (street, street2, city, etc) are set to readonly. I submitted a bug

https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-server/+bug/1171952

Hope i did that all correctly.

This change is, probably, part of some work going on to resolve a few issues with partners and contacts. Please read (at least) and (if possible) review the suggested changes and give your feedback.

'Incorrect handling of contact/companies for invoicing and related purposes' at

https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/1160365

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 4/23/13, 9:51 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/22/13, 3:55 PM
Seen: 1531 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM