Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Required CSV import fields and template of CSV files

By
mamak111
on 3/9/13, 4:35 AM 12,508 views

When importing products or customers from a CSV file I create a sample exported CSV file from V7. My questions are:

• 1) Are the required/compulsory fields highlighted in blue?
  • 2) Some fields are not highlighted in blue but when you expand them the sub fields are highlighted. If these sub fields are left out would the data import be compromised?
  • 3) Does anybody have a set of demo import CSV files for importing? I would like to have a look at these so I don't duplicate or end up entering wrong info.
  • 4) What would you recomend be imported? I am importing customers, products and take on balances. Other data will be created, however if you have other import files I would appreciate them as well.
  • 5) If at a later time I do another import using partial fields, will only those fields be updated or will the entire product /customer details be changed. For example I do a stock import ommitting the storage location fields and after a few months I do another import where I change product categories only and add in storage locations.

I think it is better to split your question (s).

ton123
on 3/13/13, 7:32 AM
Mario Arias Badila
On 3/13/13, 3:12 AM

Hi

I created some templates that were uploaded here

Regard,

Thanks will have a look at them

mamak111
on 3/13/13, 4:08 AM

Thanks, just wanted to let you know that your answer is helping others, too.

Donald Love
on 3/31/13, 2:04 PM

Mario, For clarification, are these templates the absolute minimum fields that are required for the records?

Nicholas Burdick
on 4/20/13, 4:42 PM

Hi Nick, not necessarily... We have been creating/collecting them from each client's installation, and it could be possible to remove one or two more...

Mario Arias Badila
on 4/20/13, 6:57 PM

Thanks Mario...!!

Your answer is so helpful for others. Thanks for sharing!

Taat Waluyo
on 8/28/16, 1:41 AM
Alex
On 6/5/13, 7:46 AM

Great stuff. Thank you for the response, Mario.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/9/13, 4:35 AM
Seen: 12508 times
Last updated: 8/17/16, 10:38 PM