Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Request for Quotation - Why do I need to input the price? [Closed]

By
Marcelo Ruiz
on 8/29/13, 10:40 PM 2,602 views

The Question has been closed

by
Ray Carnes
on 08/31/2013 02:41:16

Hi, I am doing my best to follow the online book for OpenERP 7 (the manual has several flaws, but I managed to move forward) but I don't understand one part of the Purchase process: The Request for Quotation. According to my understanding, I request a quote from my supplier for a specific product he produces. In this request I should mention the product, quantity and delivery date among other data, but one thing I should not imput is the price. The supplier will tell me his (maybe new) price for each product in the Request for Quotation. Now, why is OpenERP asking me to enter the price for the product, when this is information that I will receive from the supplier? Is this related to accounting somehow? Thanks!

Please edit the Headline: Request for Quotation Prices

Metrolux Gmbh, Andreas Marpmann
on 8/30/13, 2:57 AM
Yoshi Tashiro
On 8/30/13, 1:16 AM

Request for Quotation can keep the price for your internal reference so you can record how much you should expect for the purchase based on your best estimate. When you print a Request for Quotation, you should notice that the price by default does not show on the document.

Once the supplier gets back to you with the price you can update the info in the Request for Quotation, then turn it into a Purchase Order.

Marcelo Ruiz
On 8/30/13, 4:32 AM

I think I disagree that the price in the Request for Quotation is been made a mandatory field. I thought it might have been related to budgeting, but now I am clear about its purpose.

Thank you very much for your answer.

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/29/13, 10:40 PM
Seen: 2602 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM