Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Report Designer doesn't work?

By
Roman Abashin
on 9/23/14, 8:52 AM 1,895 views

Hi,

is there any software combination (OS + Office + Report Designer plugin) that can reliably connect to Odoo? 

My problem is: when in Writer, pressing the "Server Parameters" button of the extension nothing happens. It doesn't have any effect, gives no errors, no popups, nothing. I've tried the trunk, the 7.0, and the 6.1 individually with Windows 7-64/Linux Mint 32/Ubuntu 32 and Open Office 3 & 4 and LibreOffice 3 & 4. My goal is to make it work with Odoo online. I want to edit the RML/SXW files to make customized invoices. It's literally the last step to customize Odoo for our company.

Is there a workaround to customize invoices in Odoo? Can anybody help?

Best regards,
Roman

Link:
Odoo report designer: https://www.odoo.com/apps/online/base_report_designer/

HI Roman, I've exact same issue. Did you find a solution to OperERP report designer? Thanks, Abdul

Abdul Qavi
on 11/15/14, 11:32 PM
Eva Pinter
On 9/26/14, 5:32 PM

Hello Roman,

Please check the following issue:

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/openerp-online-what-are-the-parameters-for-the-report-designer-or-the-thunderbird-plugin-4900

This explain the steps to have report designer work with Odoo. It works perfectly with Odoo online and openoffice.

Good luck!

Hi Eva, thank you for your post! This, however, is not the issue. I'm struggling to find a setup of OS (Win/Linux version) + Office (OpenOffice/LibreOffice version) + Report Designer plugin (5, 6, 7, trunk?) that even gets to that stage where you can enter Server Parameters. Because when I click on that button, nothing happens. Any ideas?

Roman Abashin
on 10/2/14, 7:18 PM
Juan José Scarafía
On 9/26/14, 9:22 AM

Hi Roman,

You can try using Aeroo Reports or Pentaho. Using Aeroo, you can edit an .odt file and make any report you want.

Regards,

Juan José - Ing ADHOC

Mitul
On 11/16/14, 11:38 AM

The solution you are trying is an old one. You might have to use an older version of Writer. The latest writers have removed the OpenERp plugin support it seems. These methods were for 7.0 and older version.

Also why are you using a software to edit reports. If you print a report in Odoo 8.0, we can see Customize Button -> HTML editor and you see the code there in browser itself when you print a Dummy Report. You can modify and save it then and there.

Image HTML Editor

Roman Abashin
On 9/26/14, 11:31 AM

Hi Juan,

thank you for your reply! It's Odoo Online/SaaS, so, unfortunately, we do not have server access for 3rd party modules.
Do you have any other ideas?

Best regards,
Roman

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/23/14, 8:52 AM
Seen: 1895 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM