Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Report Based on a Custom Field

By
Sansal Birbas
on 4/11/15, 5:08 AM 552 views

Hi All,

Is it possible to create a report with filter based on a custom field? I mean, not by creating a report from scratch , but to use existing reporting module and just by creating a new filter. I have added a custom field to customers and i want to make a report that lists all customers based on that field. 

Thanks a lot in advance.

Anil R. Kesariya

--Anil R. Kesariya--
| 6 5 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Anil R. Kesariya--
ERP Consultant

Key Skill
-
Technical & Functional Expert
Anil R. Kesariya
On 4/11/15, 6:28 AM

Sansal Birbas,

If you want just summary of customer based on that field than you create your own dashboard.

Go to advance search and search your custom field to filter your records, once you get your filtered data than create dashboard for that filter so you can always have those information auto filtered with that field.

Click here to know how to create your own dashboard.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Anil.

Sansal Birbas
On 4/11/15, 9:09 AM

Well, its ok. Thanks a lot. Now I have a report that lists all customers according to my custom field. But my custom field is of type selection and i see numbers of selection items as headers of report columns. How can I show the headers as selection items?

I changed the keys of my selection type field and then loaded all customers again . That solved my task.

Sansal Birbas
on 4/12/15, 7:01 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/11/15, 5:08 AM
Seen: 552 times
Last updated: 4/12/15, 7:02 AM