Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Reply button in a thread for document ?

By
Nishant Kashyap
on 8/5/13, 10:25 AM 1,098 views

I was looking for something like "reply button" As this is in messaging sytem of Openerp7. I want the reply button in the form view of a record. As I have included the following in my views:

<div class="oe_chatter">
                    <field name="message_follower_ids" widget="mail_followers"/>
                    <field name="message_ids" widget="mail_thread"/>
 </div>

I am getting the chatter in the bottom, but I was looking for the reply button as a thread . As it is in the Messaging. I Changed the mail.js In mail_thread Widget I changed the init function with 'show_reply_button': true, The reply button is appearing but when I click on reply it doesnot open in the thread. And there is very little help or no help available on net and documentation is not rich so as to reach somewhere near to my requirements.

Nishant Kashyap
On 8/5/13, 11:42 AM

I got the answer I updated the mail.js with the following:

instance.mail.RecordThread.include({
    init: function (parent, node) {
            this._super.apply(this, arguments);
            this.node = _.clone(node);
            this.node.params = _.extend({
                'display_indented_thread': 1,
                'show_reply_button': true,

}, this.node.params);

}
         });

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/5/13, 10:25 AM
Seen: 1098 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM