Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Rename specific items

By
Glen
on 11/10/13, 11:29 AM 770 views

I would like to rename specific items in the Human Resources module. For example I would like to rename Department into Sector. Is this possible in any way? Can I access translation files?

Daniel Reis

--Daniel Reis--
| 6 7 9
Lisbon, Portugal
--Daniel Reis--

Author of the "Odoo Development Essentials" book.

Applications Manager at Securitas Portugal

Github: https://github.com/dreispt

Twitter; @reis_pt

Daniel Reis
On 11/10/13, 11:57 AM

Yes, you can do it through the Translations: activate the "Developer Mode" (in the "About OpenERP" dialog box), and use the "Technical Translation" option from the developer mode drop-down box.

If you're using the English base language, it's a little trickier, but it's possible to generate the translations terms for it also, and then use the Technical Translation feature.

See more on this on this other question.

Thanks. This Developer Mode opens a whole new world.

Glen
on 11/10/13, 12:01 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/10/13, 11:29 AM
Seen: 770 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM