This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi,;

I installed the instant messaging module, in the user list I have 'odoo support' . Can I delete this user and keep only the company employees?

Discard

Thank you  Yenthe [1] ! very nice and quick solution .  This will do the trick but I will use these info to develop a permanant solution in new module so we don't have to change the Odoo code. [1] https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/partner/477211

Go to Setting>Local Modules and find Odoo Live Support module then uninstall.

John's answer is the correct way to remove odoo live support.

Best Answer

Couldn't you also just uninstall the im_odoo_support module? 

Left-click on Settings -> In the search bar type 'support' -> Click on 'Odoo Live Support' -> Click 'Uninstall''

Discard
Best Answer

The 'Odoo Support' is defined in an XML file and JavaScript file so you can easily comment them out.
1. Go into the folder im_odoo_support under addons and then go to static/src/xml and open the file im_odoo_support.xml You'll see the following code and then you should just comment out the li class for Odoo support as I did:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<templates xml:space="preserve">
    <t t-extend="UserMenu">
        <t t-jquery=".dropdown-menu li:eq(3)" t-operation="after">
    <!--
            <li class="odoo_support_contact">
                <a data-menu="odoo_support" href="#">Odoo Support</a>
            </li>-->
        </t>
    </t>
</templates>

2. Go up some levels again, untill you are back in the folder im_odoo_support and then open the folder views. You'll find another xml file named im_odoo_support.xml. You'll see the following code. Just comment out the full template as I did:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<openerp>
    <data>

<!-- <template id="assets_backend" name="im_odoo_support assets" inherit_id="web.assets_backend">
            <xpath expr="." position="inside">
               <script type="text/javascript" src="/im_odoo_support/static/src/js/im_odoo_support.js"></script>
                <script type="text/javascript">
                    (function() {
                        openerp.im_odoo_support.support = new openerp.im_odoo_support.OdooSupport(
                            "<t t-esc="request.session.login"/>",
                            "<t t-esc="request.registry['ir.config_parameter'].get_param(request.cr, request.uid, 'database.uuid')"/>"
                        );
                    })();
                </script>
            </xpath>
        </template>-->

</data>
</openerp>

3. Reload and update your module and you no longer see the Odoo support in your chat.
Example:

Discard

nice job yenhte... saved me some time resarching :)

Thanks Bole! You'd be amazed how fast you can find things in Odoo with a grep in Ubuntu. :) Good to hear it saved you some time!

hi Yenthe, Can you please explain what is " grep in Ubuntu " ?

@Baiju grep is a command in Linux to find text. I use it a lot to find fields for example in a folder. You can open a terminal and then do: sudo grep -R "YourSearchTerm" and it will search for "YourSearchTerm". You can find some samples here: http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2009/03/15-practical-unix-grep-command-examples/

@ Baiju you really shouldn't copy a question AND the answer from somebody else to get credit / karma for it.. You've created this topic (https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/remove-odoo-support-user-from-oe-chatter-in-odoo-69594) one hour after my answer and copied both the question and my answer. For this reason I've closed your duplicate question..

Hi Stephen,
i cant get you?
please explain what you talking about

Subject: Re: False
To: baijuks@hotmail.com
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 19:51:01 +0000

Create a new thread on your module so that people can give you ideas. For example I would like to be able to remove "Powered by Odoo, the #1 Open Source eCommerce." from the web module.
--Stephen
odoo
(I'm not an odoo employee just playing around with the signature feature)

Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo about Forum Post False

I am sorry to say that although this answer is technically correct, it is not advisable since there is a much simpler way. The IM module auto installs an Odoo Live Support module which can be uninstalled, removing the functionality but leaving local IM chat intact. The other answer to this question (see above) has now been accepted as the correct answer.