Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Remove "add an item"

By
myriam
on 5/17/13, 9:43 AM 6,533 views

How do I remove the word "add an item" at the tree!! Thank you

"add an item" use to add the new record. why u want remove the word ?..... or want to change the word?..

Prakash
on 5/17/13, 9:48 AM

because I already have a list that is automatically generated (by clicking on "compute" button) in this case I don't need to have the word "add an item" in my list ( tree) ...

myriam
on 5/17/13, 9:59 AM

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.

--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--
| 6 6 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. Your Odoo/OpenERP Solution, just an email away!

On 5/17/13, 11:00 AM

Hello,

To remove “add an item” in tree view i think it is your one2many field make it readonly=”1” using that you can't see Add an Item in tree view.

For Example Like this in Sale Order for order_line o2m field.

<field name="order_line" readonly="1">

Thanks,

Thank you for your reply ! it's very effective... Thanks

myriam
on 5/17/13, 12:03 PM

I have a similiar problem. But i need the user to be able to edit the exisitng records. (But dont be able to add new records to the field). How is this done? readonly="1" wont work..

René Schuster
on 12/2/13, 4:40 AM

@Rene Schuster, is the issue solved? I also have similar problem in which I need to make changes but not delete or create

Should I use security or is there any method to do?

Atchuthan - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc
on 12/11/13, 2:07 AM

Yes, i've found a solution: <tree string="my Tree" create="false" editable="bottom"> This is also available for delete="false", edit="false" and for the <form> tag.

René Schuster
on 12/11/13, 3:29 PM

@Rene Schuster, Thanks its working

Atchuthan - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc
on 12/12/13, 4:03 AM

hi., i have to place the "Add an item" button always be in the top of the list .,How can be make this.? by giving this <tree string="my Tree"editable="top"> placed the last added thing in the top of the record.

Ashmsh.M
on 12/19/13, 4:36 AM

René Schuster, I think you should add your comment as an answer, I imagine a lot of people have found themselves in your situation where they want to disable adding new record but not editing existing ones.

Leonardo Donelli
on 11/6/15, 10:26 AM
Salim Rahal
On 11/14/16, 4:10 PM

thank you guys this one works for me: <tree string="my Tree" create="false">

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/17/13, 9:43 AM
Seen: 6533 times
Last updated: 11/14/16, 4:10 PM