Odoo Help

Register a user using the API

By
Hans van den Elsen
on 11/29/15, 1:44 PM 716 views

I'm creating a RESTful API using PHP to distribute all my requests to the right place (one of them is Odoo).

So I was using the API reference and I'm trying to register a user using the API.

The request is made using:
$id = $model->execute_kw($db, $uid, $pass, 'res.users', 'create', [['name' => $data->fullName, 'login' => $data->username, 'new_password' => $data->password]]);

The response is: 
{"faultCode":4,"faultString":"(u'The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator.\\n\\n(Document type: Users, Operation: write)', None)"}

The $model param is instantiated correctly, because I can use the 'search_read' action with success.

I'm fairly new to Odoo so go soft on me :).

Hans van den Elsen
On 11/29/15, 3:47 PM

I finally found the problem to this issue. The field new_password should have been just password.
I'm not pleased that Odoo responds with a message so vague. But anyway, my evening has been saved. Sorry to bother you.
I'll keep the answer here.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/29/15, 1:44 PM
Seen: 716 times
Last updated: 11/29/15, 8:38 PM