Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Reg - Creating custom fields in OpenERP v7

By
omprakash
on 3/11/13, 10:06 AM 9,197 views

Hi Friends ,

I am very new to OpenERP . I can realize the excellent functionality in OpenERP . I have some doubt please help me .

1. Is it possible to add new custom fields in Web User Interface ? (ie) ( without using code )

2. Is it possible to modify the existing fields in Web User Interface ?

Is there any document available , to add custom fields through User Interface please share with me & I am very interest to learn about OpenERP.

Thanks & Regards

vinoth

vim24
On 3/12/13, 5:28 PM

Have you looked in Settings > Technical > Database Structure > Fields? (Making sure the user has 'Technical Features' enabled in their access rights). This lists all the current fields, allowing you to edit existing ones and create new custom fields. Of course to make them show up on the UI itself you will then need to add them to a view (Settings > Technical > User Interface > Views).

Personally, I find it easier to add these by creating my own module, but that does require some code. Try reading the documentation here: doc.openerp.com/trunk/developers/server/03_module_dev_02/#fields-introduction

Hai Dawn , Thanks for your reply .

omprakash
on 3/13/13, 1:49 AM

I have created a module but I dnt have idea to set fields and how to add them . I want it to be done by coding. Plz guide me

arsalan
on 6/17/13, 5:48 AM

Read the documentation linked above, particularly the section on "Types of Fields" which will give you an idea on how to declare them in the python code. Then to make them appear in the UI you need to just add the relevant parts to the xml in the format of <field "fieldname">. The easiest way to work out what to do is to copy a previous modules setup. Have a look at /addons/base/res/res_company.py and /addons/base/res/res_company_view.xml and copy out the basic structure, changing the names and replacing the values in '_columns' with the fields you want

vim24
on 6/18/13, 12:34 AM

Hi dawn , Thanks for your reply

omprakash
on 6/18/13, 2:59 AM
jones wonni donald
On 7/10/13, 11:10 AM

But on the OPENERP 7.0 i cant find the technical > Database Structure > Fields. but there is settings.

Sounds like you haven't enabled Technical Features. Go to Settings > Users and choose your user. Then under the "Access Rights" tab, click the 'Technical Features' tickbox (under the "Usability" heading)

vim24
on 7/10/13, 7:08 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/11/13, 10:06 AM
Seen: 9197 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM