This question has been flagged

Hi all,

I have a scenario that I cant figure out why OpenERP processes in this manner.

I have a quotation that I have confirmed to Sales Order and raised an invoice. My trigger on the Sales Order is to create delivery orders only when the invoice is marked as Paid, i.e payment receipted. This is done via the Other Information Tab -> Create Invoice: Before Delivery. Under normal circumstances receipting payment will trigger the Delivery Order.

I now Refund the raised invoice before payment is receipted, OpenERP processes the refund and marks the invoice as "Paid". This then creates the Delivery Order as if a bank payment had been receipted. I definitely do not want to process delivery for goods that have been refunded and cant understand why OpenERP would treat this transaction as the same as physical payment.

Any ideas?

Also after refunding an invoice I would like a way to mark the Sales Order as cancelled, but cannot do so as long as there is an active invoice.

Discard
Author

I have been trying to find a work around to this, but the logic just doesnt seem to make sense. Has anyone else even experienced this?