Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Redirect a domain name to a port

By
Béchir Benbrika
on 1/17/14, 10:34 AM 1,402 views

Hello, I would like to redirect a domain name to a port Let me explain. I have a Ubuntu 12.04 server, and this server, there are two solutions OpenERP two deferent ports. For IP @ server, I created two subdomains with hostgator test1.openerptn.tn, test2.openerptn.tn. To access each solution test1.openerptn.tn: 8069 for the first solution and test2.openerptn.tn: 8068 for the second. Is it possible to run both under test1.openerptn.tn test2.openerptn.tn areas and each subdomain has its port. I think it is possible with iptables and NAT config but I do not know how.

Erdem Uney
On 6/17/14, 10:18 AM

Try using a reverse proxy like NginX and in the conf files you can say this domain to this port and that domain to that port. Also, you can use --db-filter=^%h$ option to filter the database list to the current domain, if you are running one instance of Odoo. If two instances than the solution is using a reverse proxy. Don't forget to set the listen port of Odoo 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/17/14, 10:34 AM
Seen: 1402 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM