This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi,

This is something very interesting and very useful for all the users of OpenERP.

I have experienced getting 502 bad gateway error , When I try to access the OpenERP application sometimes. I have not found the root cause of it till now though I try to look into the logs and others. The only thing I find is that the OpenERP server is stopped for some unknown reason and It is resolved if I restart the OpenERP server.

It is very difficult to manage at situation when the OpenERP is already live, the client is not able to access the system and the client is unable to contact the support person during night times.

1) What are the reasons for which this 502 bad gateway can occur when we are using OpenERP 2) How to avoid these problems and manage the difficult situations

Thanks in advance

Discard

It's funny when you know that even OpenERP SA does not correct their own 502 errors (http://help.openerp.com/question/29924/meta-502-bad-gateway-on-helpopenerp/)

Best Answer

I've been facing this problem for 2 whole days.

Solution was that my odoo source code was in a directory out of space left.
In that way python code is unexecutable.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi,

The problem i mentioned is not about the OpenERP server for Q/A. It is about our own OpenERP production server. But as Sven Boudesseul said, even OpenERP SA is experiencing the same problem.

I have guessed a few reasons for this 502 problem. They are:

1) The OpenERP server stops working, when it encounters a critical issue during the runtime.

2) The OpenERP server stops working, when python workload is very high to extend of not being able to process it further.

The solution that I have found is :

1) To write a cron job in linux / a scheduler in windows that keeps checking whether the python/openerp process is running or not. It can be once in 30 sec or a min. once it finds that the openerp server is not running or python process is not running, the responsive action of the cron job/scheduler is to start the process.

I have been using this solution for many months without any problem. My client is also happy that OpenERP server is up all the time except the few minutes when it stops working.

Thanks

Discard

I know. It was just a little joke. My bad.

Hi,
Can you share the cron job to check the OpenERP process and start it if it is not running?