Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Record Rule for Employee

on 9/1/14, 9:32 AM 826 views

Trying to restrict user to edit it's own information only using following Record Rule on Employee Object:

[('user_id','=',user.id)] with Read, Write and Create Access Rights

It worked well for users but due to this, User is not able to make an Leave Request and it's showing following warning message

Access Denied

The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator.

(Document type: Portal employee, Operation: read) 

Please help!!!!

Any suggestion please?

on 9/2/14, 8:35 AM

Please give the complete information of your custom record rule.

René Schuster
on 9/2/14, 8:44 AM

Hi Rene....please check in comment section of Anil's answer. Please let me know if you need any other information.

on 9/3/14, 1:03 AM

What are model_id, global, and groups of your record rule?

René Schuster
on 9/3/14, 3:51 AM

model_id : Employee Global : off Groups : Human Resource/Employee

on 9/3/14, 4:13 AM

Anil R. Kesariya

--Anil R. Kesariya--
| 6 5 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Anil R. Kesariya--
ERP Consultant

Key Skill
Technical & Functional Expert
Anil R. Kesariya
On 9/2/14, 8:35 AM

Write proper question. for which model you are trying to apply record rule?. The warning you are getting on your screen it Access Control error . the user who trying to access portal model but don't have the access for that model. so you need to provide the access in access csv. you can set the portal group from the Access rights for the specific user.

Thanks for reply Anil : I just configured my OpenERP server. I am trying to set Record Rules on Employee Model so that they can change their own information. In ACL Employee is having rights Read, Write and Create. Then i wrote a Record Rule as explained in original question. Please let me know if you need more information on this.

on 9/3/14, 1:02 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Asked: 9/1/14, 9:32 AM
Seen: 826 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM