This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I've made one dummy bank transaction and deleted it. 
After that I've created one transaction of cash deposit into bank and having below error when I try to reconcile it. 

Thanks in advance

Discard

Have you found a solution to this issue?

Best Answer

I am currently recommending adding the following Automated Action:

if record.move_name and not record.journal_entry_ids:  
record['move_name'] = False

It will reset the Bank Statement Line (make it forget it was reconciled with something else) so you can re-reconcile with the correct payment/account.

keywords:

re-reconcile bank statement line unreconcile bank statement line reset bank statement line bank statement mistake bank statement line mistake bank statement line reconciled with incorrect account bank statement line reconciled with incorrect payment

Discard

Really helpful. Thank you, Ray!

Best Answer

This answer was posted in my  Original Question: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/operation-not-allowed-since-your-statement-line-already-received-a-number-you-cannot-reconcile-it-entirely-with-existing-journal-entries-otherwise-it-would-make-a-gap-in-the-numbering-you-should-book-an-entry-and-make-a-regular-revert-of-it-in-case-you-want-to-cancel-it-after-internal-transfer-125703

In the end, the best solution I could find was:

1. Un-reconcile the statement with the bad entry.

2. Duplicate the statement (Actions/Duplicate)

3. Edit the new statement so it's date and description match the original

4. Delete the original statement

5. Run reconcile again - no error

I did as much research as I could and I THINK that this should leave things in a stable state.

Discard