This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello,

I am trying to receive product's quantity from same lot in several packages. In my example I am trying to receive 4000 kg of product "Medical Component" with lot number "LOT2017-03-01" in four packages, each with a quantity of 1000 kg. 

Here is the Purchase Order:

Then here is the Receipt:

The only way I am able to split the whole 4000kgs into four lines of 1000kg is by first entering the split:

And then putting it onto a pack and repeating the same thing until the whole quantity is received:

However if I use the same lot number for the four lines, I always get an error:

However receiving the same lot in multiple packages is a very common practice in manufacturing. Is there a way to work this out without coding?

Discard

i also need to do like this . may i know how did you solved ?

Author Best Answer

Sankar,

we haven't yet solved it. The idea we have at the moment is to remove the validation, that makes sure you only have one stock record with same product and lot, or change it to so it looks for product + lot + package. This validation is used by the method "do_new_transfer"  that is called when you try to validate an inventory movement:

Discard

Okay Thank you for your response. did you mean that remove or modify _sql_constraint of stock.production.lot

Author

Yes, exactly. Please inform me if you will proceed with this solution, as I haven't tested it thoroughly, so it is interesting to know.

As expected, it create lots of lot with same name . on delivery order or elsewhere in lot suggestion you will not know difference which contains which. so i think it will not helpful in real time usage. have to find some other way. !