This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I have seen the intro video for the new OpenERP CMS and I have to say I am impressed. Not only because of how it looks but the time and effort put into making it. I am currently trying to explain to my colleagues why we should move to using the OpenERP CMS instead of sticking with the other options, namely the addons or extensions for Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal and others.

What problems/benefits do this other CMS have in terms of implementing them with OpenERP and what can the official OpenERP CMS offer to users, customers and administrators. This will save me several days of discussions trying to arrive to a common ground for using a single CMS.

Discard
Best Answer

It is integrated natively: if you make a change on the website, it is reflected in the backend in real-time and vice versa. Your website behaves like your business processes are defined in your backend (eg. if a certain customer is supposed to be associated with a certain pricelist the ecommerce site will act accordingly; if a customer purchase a product and falls below a reordering rule it triggers automatic procurement; the payments of the attendants to an event generate invoices, payments, and accounting entries; it goes on and on with warehousing, manufacturing, billing, accounting, quotations, HR, lead generation,...). It is integrated, natively, real-time, both directions, dead simple, follows your business processes, and is open-source for advanced flexibility. Nobody else in the world does this; this is why people don't realize yet how powerful it is until a few applications front-end get released.

Discard
Author

Hi Fabrice and let me say what an excellent answer.