This question has been flagged
5 Replies

I configured all the settings necessary to update the real price and to apply the landed costs.

Include landed costs in product costing computation - yes
Perpetual inventory valuation (stock move generates accounting entries) - yes
Use a 'Fixed', 'Real' or 'Average' price costing method - yes
Adjusted Product category
    Inventory Valuation Costing Method      Real Price
    Inventory Valuation                                 Periodic (manual)
Product is stockable - yes

Am I missing a setting?

Discard
Best Answer

In the accounting tab of the product, try to set the "Inventory Valuation" to be "Real Time (automated)". Also, if you use real price, you have to at least make a sale order of that product to have its cost price updated. Hope it helps!

Discard

In our project pos and mrp module, we sell the products as kit/manufacturing. In this case cost doesnt update? If exhaust all products through the delivery order (inventory transaction), system update cost, but that time qty is zero.

Author Best Answer

I've been trying again to get the cost price properly calculated but there seems to be no way on how to do it.

I was able to calculate the cost price when the setting was Inventory Settings -> Product -> Product Categories, on the product category: Costing Method: Average Price

When I change to Real Price which I need to because the Landed Cost apparently only works with Real Price then nothing works anymore. No cost is calculated nor the landed cost added.

Did 2 purchase order and 1 sales order and nothing changes on the cost price.

Is there a proper "how to documentation" on how to configure cost price calculation combined with landed costs?

Discard

Did you get the solution? I am facing the same problem.

Best Answer

Inventory Valuation method should be perpetual when you want to update costing with Inventory moves.

So, change Inventory costing method from periodic (manual) to perpetual.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

I have configurated the product with real price, I make a purchase but the price cost of the product is not updated.

Same issue with real cost.

Purchasing > Receive Products > Receive Products ... it doesnt update the unit cost. It only updates the qty.

but, It works if I receive those products via: Purchasing > Receive Products > Incoming Shipments

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Discard

Have you solved this issue? AFAIK, when using "Real Price" method, you have to at least make a sale order of that product to have its cost price updated.