This question has been flagged
1 Reply

We are using Odoo to show real world ERP solutions in manufacturing.  We have a situation where we are developing a finished good (FG) from component one and two (C1) and (C2).   We have set up the product categories for Real Cost and Perpetual Inventory and set the inventory accounts appropriately.  We run a Manufacturing Order to create a singe FG from one unit of C1 and one unit of C2 and mark as done.  

Inventory module - When we look at the inventory valuation in the inventory module in Enterprise or SAAS version of Odoo, everything looks correct.  There is a single unit of FG and the value of FG are the combined values of C1 and C2.  When we do this same thing in the community edition, there is a single unit of FG, but the value is zero.  When we look at the virtual location-production, we can see that C1 and C2 are being put into virtual production, but are not being pulled out on the completion of the manufacturing process, thus the cost is stuck in the virtual location-production and not wh stock.

Accounting module - cost in all situations appears correct.

It was our understanding that the base MRP is the same in all versions thus we were not expecting the difference.   If anybody has any solution we would love to here about it.

Thanks

GH 

Discard
Best Answer

If you are using real price and if you have not set cost price on FC (in your case). Then the inventory valuation will be updated after your first sales. And then you can see the updated price in stock valuation.

Discard
Author

Thanks for response. I followed through with a sale. But the cost if items still seems to be zero. Perplexing. It works in Enterprise and SAAS, but not in CE. I tried various scenarios with locations and routes, but for some reason when the cost of raw materials are put into the Virtual Location/Production, they are not being transferred across to the finished good coming out of Virtual Production/Location. Hence why the finished good has a zero cost. I will keep trying, but thanks for help.

I tried following case and it is working in CE.

- products : FG (50 cost, category : real, perpetual) , C1(30 cost), C2 (20 Cost)

- C1 and C2 purchased at different price

- one BOM FG (1 C1, 1 C2)

- Created MO for FG complete flow post inventory

that's it and it is working fine in CE.

Author

Thans. are your C1 and C2 also using real, perpetual, or standard.

Author

Thanks. I was trying to use Real based on purchase order. But I can get same results as you based on Standard.

Again. Thanks for assistance and clarification.