Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Read permission for Project to Partner

By
Jack Taramas
on 6/18/13, 11:54 AM 996 views

I am trying to give read permissions to a Partner account, so it can view Project objects. The ideal solution would be to allow the Partner user to only view the projects that are related to his company.

So far I have tried:

1. Adding the res_partner Record Rule to the Project/User group (that defines the user Access Rights to Project for my Partner user)

2. Adding an Access Control List entry which contains Object: Partner. I have tried both with Group: Project/User or leaving the Group field empty, which according to the manual will apply the rule to all groups.

None of the methods worked and when I am going to the Project menu I see no projects and when I try to create a new one I am getting an error:

Access Denied

The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator.

(Document type: Partner, Operation: read)

I am having the same error pop up when a user with admin rights logs in and tries to create a new project. A solution for this would be great!

Gratis Inc.
on 7/17/13, 12:43 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/18/13, 11:54 AM
Seen: 996 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM