Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

re installation openerp 7.0

on 9/14/13, 7:05 AM 1,249 views

Hi, After a migration from a server to another one. I have to face some python issues and conflict. How could I re-install Openerp 7.0 over the first one? Maybe I have to remove every thing before and make a fresh installation. Thank you for choosing openerp and for your help.

I have same problem. Today I want make new database with OPENERP7 on WIN XP. After few months I want move this database to server with LINUX Ubuntu. I need migrate database from one installation to new installation with another platform.

Data migration with openerp is big problem for me.

on 9/14/13, 10:04 AM

Same problem too. I try to download a new version but i always have problem when i try to add some apps. So I you find some solution....please share it ;-).

I will try again. Hope it will works

on 9/14/13, 11:14 AM

Grover Menacho

--Grover Menacho--
| 5 7 8
La Paz, Bolivia
--Grover Menacho--

Systems Engineer + MBA

Grover Menacho
On 9/19/13, 2:11 AM

I am not sure why are you having this issues, but when I can't access to a database because something has happened what I do is this:

openerp-server -d database_name -u all

So everything is reinstalled again and I can work again. If you think that some module is not working well.

openerp-server -d database_name -u module_name

I tried that, but I have few problems related to "invalid xml architecture"... which eventually crashed my openerp 7 database. I can't even login after i did an update for selected and all modules. Any idea how I can resolve this?

on 10/3/13, 2:14 PM

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.

--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--
| 6 6 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. Your Odoo/OpenERP Solution, just an email away!

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.
On 9/18/13, 4:07 PM

If you have same versions planned to use, you should start more than one servers: http://www.serpentcs.com/serpentcs-how-to-run-2-or-more-openerp-servers-on-same-machine should help.

In case of other version too, you can start server on diff ports.

Multi addons path will always help you.

There is no such thing of 'uninstalling' OpenERP. Its just a program which runs when you start running it. If you want to reuse from older use, you need to make sure the addons,server and client(web) are in right rhythm.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 9/14/13, 7:05 AM
Seen: 1249 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM