This question has been flagged
3 Replies

We are using Odoo online single app CRM to evaluate Odoo as a replacement for our ERP. During the testing phase, we come across a major flaw that has lost us some user adoption. We enabled sync for Google Calendar and this ended up being a disaster. 

Reason: When a user syncs a Google Calendar with Odoo this seems to work until you sync a recurring event. From what we have seen is that the event is imported then repeated 100 times and then sends an invite to all members of that meeting. This is done for all members individually too. Therefore one event with 16 members sends 100 x 16 x16 = 25600 as others start to sync their calendars with Odoo. 

Please fix this issue as it is causing an issue with change management and our test group is not happy with this. 

Shane

Discard

I am also having the same issue. I have a Gmail domain and a catchall email address, that I have configured for my email gateway integration with Odoo v12. I followed the steps to sync with Google Calendar in Odoo and it syncs weel. However, there are 15 more users with their own calendar. When they synced, the same meeting is being repeated over and over again and shows up as a recurring event showing pop-ups to users. I am trying to understand is it because it is a catchall email address. If so then what else can I use because i need catchall for email. But if it is not this then what could it be that my system now has over 4k meetings and most of them are duplicates.

Best Answer

Seems that there is not a solution for this after almost 5 years? The same problem occurs with Outlook's calendar

Discard
Best Answer

Dear Shane,

Has this been taken care of? We are facing the same issue. Did you open a bug with Odoo for this?

Thanks

Nick

Discard
Best Answer

Were you able to solve this?

------------------Similar issue --------------------

I am also having the same issue. I have a Gmail domain and a catchall email address, that I have configured for my email gateway integration with Odoo v12. I followed the steps to sync with Google Calendar in Odoo and it syncs weel. However, there are 15 more users with their own calendar. When they synced, the same meeting is being repeated over and over again and shows up as a recurring event showing pop-ups to users. I am trying to understand is it because it is a catchall email address. If so then what else can I use because i need catchall for email. But if it is not this then what could it be that my system now has over 4k meetings and most of them are duplicates.

Discard