This question has been flagged
2 Replies

hi guys,

i was creating a report for my new module and i got this error while created my xml file in my report directory: "ValueError: No such external ID currently defined in the system: reclam." here is this xml file:`

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <openerp>
            <data>
                    <report
                            id="reclam"
                            string="Print Reclam..."
                            model="ownfield.claim"
                            name="ownfield.claim"
                            rml="reclam/report/reclam_report.rml"
                            auto="False"
                            header="False"/>
            </data>
    </openerp>

here is some lines of my __openerp__.py file in my module directory:

'update_xml': [
        'security/ir.model.access.csv',
        'security/reclam_security.xml',
        'report/reclam_report.xml',
        'reclam_view.xml',
        'reclam_menu.xml',
],

please help me!! what should i do?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Are you trying to give this report print on Button Click or just inside Report tag.

If you want to put this printable keeping inside the report tag then in report tag

<report id="reclam" string="Print Reclam..." model="ownfield.claim" name="ownfield.claim" rml="reclam/report/reclam_report.rml" auto="False" **menu="True" **="" header="False"/>

And if you need this report on button click then first remove its id tag where you have used(in xml file) then try to upgrade the module and again after being upgrade the module again put that button and that report id in xml and try ...

May be it help.

Discard
Author

The same problem is there!! now i saved all my module files and reinstalled openerp with a new DB!! and when a try to reinstall my module, there is the same problem even if i follow your instructions. "ValueError: No such external ID currently defined in the system: reclam." reclam is the name of my module. even if i change the id name, there is the same problem. i d'ont know how to do now. pfff

Author Best Answer

and even if i delete the report directory and do as early (without the report) and try to reinstalle my module (like i reinstalled openerp), the same problem is still there.

"ValueError: No such external ID currently defined in the system: reclam." reclam is the name of my module.

Discard
Author

Problem fixed! i forgot a wrong line in my module XML view !! thanks