This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello All,

I am facing unbelivable issue, I don't know who has tried this or not.

I have successfully installed wkhtmltopdf library and report does works well if I have single or 2,3 line description on lines than it works well till number of pages.

When I have more description like 5,6 line or more than that on report and having many lines on invoices,sales, purchase etc in all the reports, is having more than 6 pages. than it starts creating problems on header and footers part

Header and footer doesn't appears in between few pages, format of data is well its not overlap on any pages, because I have extended the top margin and header spacing by using paper format.

The unacceptable part is that report doesn't show header and footer in between few pages.

What is can be solution of this? Is this limitation of Qweb?

Does anyone satisfied with QWeb for this test case?

Your help on this will be really appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Anil.

Discard
Best Answer

Hey Anil,

I have got similar error. In my solution I downgraded wkhtmltopdf from 0.12.2.1 (with patched qt) to 0.12.1 (with patched qt). Layout are better and my custom report has shortened from 28 to 25 pages.

See my answer for similar issue

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-to-solving-missing-header-footer-images-in-qweb-82475#answer-82529

My platform is (debian8, i386). Maybe on (debian7, amd64) it may be needed different version ;-)

Discard
Author

Thanks a million Mariusz, I will try this solutions :)

Author

@Mariusz, I have checked in my system, its the same revision installed currently in my system which you mention (0.12.1 (with patched qt)). If I have normal description on line like2,3 line description than it works well till number of pages reports, but I have more description on product detail it start causing problem, my is very worst case, product may have description of 1 page.and that description needs to be printed on report.

After many tries for better understanding of usage of wkhtmltopdf I suppose that you should decrease font size for body. In my opinion exceeding the dimensions of body has more importance than header. In process of generation qweb reports odoo has many defined parameters for rendering pages. In my tests when step by step I increased font size, at some the moment I had ugly pages: without header or footer. It looked as pages have lost header or footers. BTW wkhtml in newest version 0.12.2.1 (qt patched) still is not good...