This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi,

How to be able to quote items and products that are new or special and that is not in the system and you don't want to enter the product in the system before you get an order for it.?

Is there any special module or anything for this or what's the why of working here?

All help would be appreciated, thanks..

/M

Discard
Best Answer

This is supported out of the box.

Simply leave the PRODUCT on the quote blank (it is an optional field), and use the description field (it is a mandatory field).

Mandatory fields are blue - all others are optional.

EDIT: To clarify my comment about using multiple lines for multiple prices:

image description

Discard
Author

Thanks, seems to work, but you need still to have the customer in the system or to create one. Any way to quote potential customers that are not in the system? also have to quote for ex. different services or items that are not in the system lets say you need to quote two or more different items on the same quote, also how to quote with different prices according on the quantity they buy. /M

All you need for a Customer is a name, and you can create them from the Quote if they aren't in the system by simply typing their name and selecting 'Create XXX' from the bottom of the dropdown list that shows up. Use a separate line for each price and use the description field to indicate the minimum quantity needed for each price.

Author

Here I don't really follow ok, customer I can create... Just don't like to add allot of customers when your not shore if they will ever buy anything...

But my real question is what you mean by " Use a separate line for each price and use the description field to indicate the minimum quantity needed for each price."

Do you mean that everything I write should be in the "description field" even all the prices? or is there some module that I have missed to install to help me out here, because I only have one price field and then I have one big description field.. What am I missing out here.

I don't understand why you don't want to create customers. It is one extra click compared to typing just their name in the box, and you will save yourself having to enter their name if they do want to buy. What if you want to email them or followup later? See my edit for your second question.

Author

Thanks Ray, Don't know really what I was thinking.. but your right.. this is how it should be done.. Thx..

Best Answer

For this purpose i created a product that is called Standard Hardware. I select it and then change the description and the productprice to fit my needs.

Discard
Best Answer

The quotation only accepts products that are available on the system. You can create a new product called "Special Product" to handle this. Maybe it's not the best way but there is no other option because quotations only accept registered products.

Discard
Author

This is a bit strange that there is now good why to do this, there must be allot of users that quote and sell products that are not in the system.. But still you want to have all the track records of the quote and correspondences. This is a big enhancement request.. can't be that difficult to develop a plug-in module for this.. BIG vote from me for this..