Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Quotation email not showing added logic when tranlated

By
Peter Alabaster
on 1/27/15, 7:39 AM 514 views

Hi, I have recently upgraded Odoo to find email quotation translations are working a lot better! (that was a lot of .po files)

I have extended the 'Sales Order - Send by email template'

<record id="sale.email_template_edi_sale" model="email.template">

with extra logic in xml for my newly created fields such as :

% if object.delivery_in_weeks:
        <br/>
        <p>Expected delivery in ${object.delivery_in_weeks} weeks</p>
    % endif

When I use a customer with English selected as their language, the logic works fine, and displays the extra text when my fields on the quotation are true/populated.

However, when I change the customers language to German for example, the email translates very well to German, but my extra blocks of text no longer show.

Is odoo translating my logic literally to german therefore rendering it useless?

Or is it something to do with the .po files which seem to be a static representation of the original 'Sales Order - Send by email' template?

Note: I have not added any translation terms for my new fields.

:: EDIT ::

I searched translation terms for 'Translation Value contains' 'Hallo' and discovered the problem.

The source contains my edited extension in english, and the translation value in german seems to just be a reflection of the original, unextended template.

Is the solution to this to inherit every single .po translation file for the template and extend them all in the same way?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/27/15, 7:39 AM
Seen: 514 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM