Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Quantity of child product decrease together with purchase of parent product.

By
Haiekal Awwabin
on 10/30/13, 3:13 AM 876 views

Is there anyway I can make the quantity of a child product decrease, together with the quantity of the parent product, in accordance to the purchase of a parent product?

eg ; Parent product : Hamburger Child products : Bun, patty and Lettuce

When somebody purchases a hamburger, the quantity of ingredients, in this case the child products, in the inventory would decrease. Really in need of this type of function. Anybody have suggestions? Thank you.

Jasad
On 10/30/13, 9:08 AM

According to your example:

Parent Product: Hamburger

Child Products: Bun, patty and Lettuce

In Hamburger product, make 'procurement method' as 'make to order' and 'supply method' as 'manufacture'.

Then add the child products as bill of materials whose procurement method' as 'make to stock' and 'supply method' as 'buy'.

Install module mrp too.

Hi. Thanks for the advice. But currently after following your steps, only the quantity of the child products decrease after purchase of parent product. I need both parent and child to decrease concurrently. Are there any steps I missed out? I have installed mrp module and made use of the bill of materials.

Haiekal Awwabin
on 10/30/13, 10:32 PM
filsystem
On 10/30/13, 4:28 AM

You can use MRP with phantom BOM for that. Thanks.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/30/13, 3:13 AM
Seen: 876 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM