Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

python code in rml to generate empty table dynamically

By
GonG
on 3/1/14, 1:41 PM 1,905 views

In my modified purchase_requisition report, I want the table of line_ids to contains 8 table row, so I try to add an empty table according to the number of line_ids. For example, if the line_ids contain only one product, therefore, I have to add more 7 empty table below. This way, I can fix the table height up to 8 rows.

The procedure I try is write a python method to generate an empty table dynamically. However, it doesn't generate the empty table that I want. Please help me. Here's my code:

requisition.py

class requisition(report_sxw.rml_parse):
    def __init__(self, cr, uid, name, context):
        super(requisition, self).__init__(cr, uid, name, context=context)
        self.localcontext.update({
            'time': time,
            'empty_table': self.empty_table,
        })

def empty_table(self, line_id):
        if len(line_id) < 8:
            for i in range(8 - len(line_id)):
                table += """<blockTable rowHeights="1cm" colWidths="1.5cm,9.5cm,3.0cm,1.5cm,1.5cm" style="table_info">
                                <tr>
                                  <td><para style="table_info_num"> </para></td>
                                  <td><para style="table_info_text"> </para></td>
                                </tr>
                            </blockTable>"""
            return table

purchase_requisition.rml

<section>
    [[ repeatIn(requisition.line_ids,'line_ids') ]]
      <blockTable rowHeights="1cm" colWidths="1.5cm,9.5cm,3.0cm,1.5cm,1.5cm" style="table_info">
        <tr>
          <td><para style="table_info_num"><seq id="number"/></para></td>
          <td><para style="table_info_text">[[ line_ids.product_id.name ]]</para></td>
          <td><para style="table_info_num">[[ repeatIn(line_ids.partner_ids,'partner') ]] [[ partner.name ]]</para></td>
          <td><para style="table_info_num">[[ line_ids.product_qty ]]</para></td>
          <td><para style="table_info_num">[[ line_ids.product_uom_id.name ]]</para></td>
        </tr>
      </blockTable>
    </section>

[[ empty_table(requisition.line_ids) ]]
GonG
On 3/4/14, 11:40 AM

Thanks for your reply. My solution is the same as yours with a little condition. Here's my code:

purchase_requisition.rml

<section>
    [[ repeatIn(empty_table(requisition.line_ids), 'l') ]]
      <blockTable rowHeights="1cm" colWidths="1.5cm,9.5cm,3.0cm,1.5cm,1.5cm" style="table_info">
        <tr>
        </tr>
      </blockTable>
    </section>

requisition.py

def empty_table(self, line_id):
        n = len(line_id) % 8
        if n != 0:
            return [{'a':i} for i in range(8 - n)]
        else:
            return {'a':1}

As I want table to contains 8 rows. My solution leads to some scenarios.

One is if the table has 1 product, therefore my table will include 7 empty rows.

Second is if the table contains 12 products, therefore my table will split into 2 pages, first page with 8 rows and the second page will be 4 products include 4 empty rows.

There is one drawbacks here, if my table contains exactly 8 products, then it will be 2 pages with 1 empty row in the second page, which leads to me to print only 1 page. The problem is because this solution, the rml file will generate at least 1 table for sure.

This is the best I can do right now. Do you have any suggestions to overcome this drawback?

herbert6453
On 3/4/14, 10:14 AM

You could try output a second static table use repeatIn over a list with 8- len(requisition.line_ids) items

Let me know If you find a solution for dynamic rml.

[[ repeatIn( myList(8,requisition.line_ids),'l') ]]
   <tr>
   </tr>

</blocktable>"""

def myList(self,max,moveline):
    i=0
    l=[]
    while i<max-len(moveline):
        l.append(i)
        i=i+1
    return l

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/1/14, 1:41 PM
Seen: 1905 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM