This question has been flagged
7 Replies

I'm using PyCharm 4 for Odoo development on Ubuntu 14.04. When just running the application, everything seems to work fine and as expected. But when I try to debug, it turns out to be extremely slow... So slow that even after about 10 minutes the page won't load for Odoo. On Firebug it shows that the ajax requests are still pending. Is it just me or has anyone else experieced this same behaviour? Is there anything I should do to improve the speed?

Discard

This might be really stupid and obvious but are you sure the debugger is not stuck at a breakpoint in your code, waiting for you to proceed?

Author

Not at all, my problem is the programme won't even load the start up page let alone reach a breakpoint...

Is there anything in the Odoo logfiles that refers to any problems? Does your Odoo fully start without the debugger and does it start in a minute or so or does it take a long time too?

Author

I can run Odoo without any problem through PyCharm, it works perfectly. The moment I try to run in debug mode it just stays there... All the ajax requests show as pending in Chrome or firefox console... The only difference in debug mode and normal run mode is the port... But I can't seem to find where to change the port of the debug mode...

I am facing the same issue. I can run Odoo without any problem through PyCharm, it works perfectly. The moment I try to run in debug mode it just stays there... Did you get any clue?

Best Answer

Try commenting out the following lines at the top of openerp/__init__.py. You may have gevent installed:

if sys.modules.get("gevent") is not None:
evented = True

And then restart the debugger.

Discard
Best Answer

you can use pycharm as an editor and for debugging try to run application from terminal.. it worked for me

Discard
Best Answer

Actually to be honest, I find Odoo 8 is lot more slower than Dev 8 version... It takes quite a few seconds to load this and that, same happens if we ran in debug.... Tried Workers option also with no luck....

So Typically Odoo 8 is compartively slower than its preceeding version... hope they might fix in forecoming days...

Discard