Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

pyc files not generated

By
Romuald Franck
on 7/7/14, 10:08 AM 1,654 views

Good morning to everyone, i am facing this problem:

Sometimes, after making modifications in my .py files, i restarted the server and saw nothing had changed. In fact the .pyc files were not regenerated so i want to know if someone can give me the good procedure to make that happens.

Now what I do is:

step1-add in eclipse params: --update=module_name

step2-click on settings ==> installed modules (the idea is to load the module again)

step3-be sure not to be in debug mode (you can remove debug from the address bar).

Could someone know how to do step 2 without using the web client (browser) i.e a way or a param to add when restarting the server so that the modules will be load again, because i remark that it is in this step that pyc files are regenerated.

Thank you in advance.

Leonardo Donelli

--Leonardo Donelli--
| 5 4 8
Cave, Italy
--Leonardo Donelli--

Physics student and part-time developer.

Leonardo Donelli
On 7/7/14, 10:19 AM

Step 1 is actually the same as step 2, they are just different methods to do that: 1) is from command line while 2) is "live" from web client. The problem of doing it "live" is exactly the one you are having: the python files are not re-read and bytecompiled so the changes to them won't work, you'll have to restart openerp-server. (there may be ways to force them to be reloaded without restarting the server, does anyone know?). But all other modifications (xml views, translations, etc) are loaded exatcly the same way when doing -u module from command line or module upgrade from web client.

TL;DR: restart openerp-server.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/7/14, 10:08 AM
Seen: 1654 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM