Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Purpose of json params method and id?

on 5/23/13, 11:02 AM 578 views

Looking at the request and response data as I navigate around OpenERP I got curious about certain JSON params. ID seems to increment with each request from r1 to rX as I navigate. Is it simply a count of requests generated in my session? And why the r preceding the count? I am more curious about the method param which seems to always have the value "call". Is this part of a standard? Does it ever change to anything but "call"? And why is there another "method" within the params object which indicates actual method calls such as read, write, name_get etc. etc. when the parent "method" could be used for this? Just seems unnecessarily redundant unless setting the parent "method" to call constantly serves some higher purpose.

And finally, why are there redundant instances of context?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 5/23/13, 11:02 AM
Seen: 578 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM