This question has been flagged

Looking at the request and response data as I navigate around OpenERP I got curious about certain JSON params. ID seems to increment with each request from r1 to rX as I navigate. Is it simply a count of requests generated in my session? And why the r preceding the count? I am more curious about the method param which seems to always have the value "call". Is this part of a standard? Does it ever change to anything but "call"? And why is there another "method" within the params object which indicates actual method calls such as read, write, name_get etc. etc. when the parent "method" could be used for this? Just seems unnecessarily redundant unless setting the parent "method" to call constantly serves some higher purpose.

{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"call","params":{"model":"res.partner","method":"write","args":[[14],{"phone":"215-333-1545"}],"kwargs":{"context":{"lang":"en_US","tz":"America/New_York","uid":1,"search_default_customer":1}},"session_id":"ccab3c1c21384e51b8e4eea952001395","context":{"lang":"en_US","tz":"America/New_York","uid":1}},"id":"r80"}

And finally, why are there redundant instances of context?

Discard