This question has been flagged
1 Reply

When I try to validate a purchase receipt with a tax that has two child taxes, it won't valid the receipt because the parent tax doesn't have the account base code and account tax code set. It is becasue the parent tax has two child taxes that have both account base code and account tax code configured. I don't want to set base code and tax code in the parent tax because I have two taxes in my province, not one.

How can I resolve this issue?

Discard
Author Best Answer

Has anybody looked into this issue yet? This is a serious fault which won't allow us to track purchase receipts until this bug is resolved. The same tax works fine in purchase orders and sales orders but not in purchase receipts. I believe this is a simple bug to fix.

It is said that Odoo is used by 2 million users and yet this simple flaw isn't noted. How ironic! Maybe this figure is deceptive?

UPDATE: I went ahead and set the account base code field of parent tax to parent base code of child tax base code and tax code field to parent tax code of child tax code. It seems working without affecting the parent base code and tax code as it applies to both child taxes even though. I guess this bug is not affecting anything. It needs to be cleaned up.

Discard