This question has been flagged
6 Replies

Hi,

How can I create in Odoo a purchase order and select from existing stock?

In some purchase order, I don't want to add stock, I want to select items from my stock so it's necessary to decrease stock.

For example, I buyed last month 100units of a product to my stock,  so this product unit is 100. Today I want to make a purchase order with a customer/project and select 3 items of my stock so decrease this stock item in 3. I want to use purchase order (and no sales order), because I want to put this expense to my client/project, so I need to make a purchase order.

Thanks

Discard
Author

Hi Paulauskas,

Sorry, I think I didn't explain very well

In Odoo, you can do the same using Expenses module where you can charge expenses to a analytic project, but the problem with this module is that not decrease inventory (indeed we select the opcion Can be Expensed at the product)

That is why we are trying to do the same using purchase order by decreasing from my stock (selecting from my internal stock -decrease- and not from provider stock -adding-)

Regards

Author

Any update on this question?

Nobody needs central purchasing in Odoo?

Thanks

Author

Thanks for you response Chris,

I'm not using sales order because this is a sales so It's increasing your value in analytic account and I need to decrease it (I can try to put in negative...)

One interesting module is the Expenses module where, you can use analytic account witch decrease it value because represent a expense in a project, perfect, but the problem is that it not decrease inventory. Any oca's module that improve this module decreasing stock?

That's why, we are trying to use purchase order, but trying to change the origin inventory.

And yes, is like central purchasing where I buy a lot and store it in my internal inventory, and then I distribute into differents projects.

Regards

Best Answer

very strange, in you system, your client is 'customer' so why you one to change world turning?

Discard
Best Answer

An internal sales order (as per the answer from Ray Carnes) will deduct inventory from stock, whereas a purchase order is designed for receiving inventory.  Even if you changed the source, it will still be receiving stock into inventory.

An internal sales order can also have an Analytic Account for a project. 

To my understanding, that is "Central Purchasing".

Or you create a normal sales order for the customer, again with an analytic account if needed.

Discard