Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Purchase order does not update stock count in v7?

Sean Samborski
on 12/19/13, 5:56 PM 1,556 views

When I create a purchase order and go through the entire process, the stock quantity is not updated. The only way I can get the stock to update is via a physical inventory.

Here is the process:

Purchase Order->Incoming Shipment (split in serial number)->Receive->Purchase Order-> Receive Invoice->Accounting->Validate->Pay

and everything is done. However, although it is paid, the order is marked as received, there is no update to the stock count. The serial number now appears under Warehouse->Serial Numbers, but it is listed as 0 available. I've made sure to enter 1 on every field during the process where it asks for quantity, including when splitting in the serial number.

I don't really want to manually add a physical inventory record each time when I've already received the items. Especially since this isn't automated like the rest of the forms during the process. It seems once the warehouse has received an item from the incoming shipments, it should be added to the stock, regardless of whether it is received invoice from purchase order and validated/paid via accounting. Once you have a product, you have the product.

Am I doing something wrong in this process. The documentation makes it sound like it's supposed to update my inventory once I finish the incoming shipment; which makes sense to me.

Sean Samborski
On 12/21/13, 6:00 PM

The location type settings were wrong in all the locations. Only the location type "Inventory" will update a stock count. It seems to me this would be a good thing to avoid issues with transferring from one internal department to another and increasing the availability each time you make a move. I.e. you don't want to duplicate your stock count each time an item leaves the room.

Kevin McMenamin

--Kevin McMenamin--
| 5 2 6
Auckland, New Zealand
--Kevin McMenamin--
Kevin McMenamin
On 12/19/13, 6:22 PM

you must be doing something wrong. the process of receiving stock will update the stock on hand. the serialisation is just an extra feature. sounds like you are recording the serial number but not receipting the stock.

Yeah that's what it seems like to me as well. The serial numbers are added, but no matter what I do, it will remain unavailable until I create a physical inventory.

Elephante, Sean Samborski
on 12/19/13, 11:58 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 12/19/13, 5:56 PM
Seen: 1556 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM