Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Purchase Advance / Deposit?

By
Kitti Upariphutthiphong
on 6/16/13, 10:35 AM 5,557 views

In Sales Order, if we choose policy = "On Demand", we have option to create advance (fixed/percent) invoice. In which, the following invoice created (i.e., create invoice with whole sale order), will auto deduct the amount of the advance.

In Purchase case, we need the same. I.e., we purchase product, but we have to pay the advance amount first, and on the following payment, we deduct that amount.

But I don't see the similar feature in Purchase module. Is the feature exists or on extra addons? Otherwise, how can we solve this problem?

Yoshi Tashiro
On 10/29/13, 4:25 AM

My understanding of the issue is that you do not have a supplier invoice when you make a deposit to the supplier.

For this, here is what you could do:

1. Simply make a supplier payment without selecting an accounts payable record to pay against.
  2. This should make the Difference Amount at the bottom the same as the deposit amount.
  3. Leave the Payment Difference as 'Keep Open'.
  4. Validate the payment and a journal entry should be generated with an accounts payable (on the debit side) as a contra-account to the bank account.
  5. When you receive supplier invoice, accounts payable should be created with the full amount.
  6. When you make payment to the supplier, select and reconcile both accounts payable records from 4. and 5. to proceed with payment of the remaining balance.

This works for me. Thanks!

Niklaus Hartmann
on 1/16/14, 3:38 PM

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 6/18/13, 12:28 AM

This is managed via Payment Terms.

Payment terms determine the due dates for paying an invoice.

To view existing terms or create your own, use the menu sequence

Accounting -> Configuration -> Miscellaneous -> Payment Terms

. . . when logged in as a user who has Technical Features checked on the Access Rights tab of their user record.

By default, OpenERP provides the following Payment Terms:

• 15 Days
  • 30 Days End of Month
  • 30 Net Days
  • 30% Advance End 30 Days
  • Immediate Payment

To configure new terms, start by giving it a name via the Payment Term field. The text you in the below is used on invoices, so enter a description of the payment terms for your Suppliers there.

Then create individual lines for calculating how the terms work under Computation. Each line has a Computation Type.

• Percent : this allows for a percentage of the total amount to be paid within X days.
  • Fixed Amount : this is a fixed value given by the Value Amount box within X days.
  • Balance : indicates the balance within X days (this would be your last line if you use either of the first options, if used by itself it is the total balance).

X is calculated from the values of Number of Days and Day of the Month. Hover over each to read a description of how they work.

You can set a default Payment Term for each Supplier, so invoices will default to honor that arrangement when created, and you can also can set Payment Terms for individual Supplier Invoices. You review/set this on the Other Info tab during Invoice creation.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/16/13, 10:35 AM
Seen: 5557 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM