Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

punch card web-controller

Michael Watchorn
on 2/18/14, 5:03 PM 1,341 views

Is there a simple punch card web-controller?

We don't want to force all the shop floor employees (who share a touch panel) to have to sign-in like the office workers do. The shop floor employees should only need to scan their ID and click on "Punch In or Punch Out". No passwords, or menus. Anything close?

Ideally I'd like to have shop floor employees (1) scan their badge IDs and (2) scan a barcode on their WO to update the manufacturing module - but I'd settle for a simple punch card for starters. I realize authentication is an issue, especially if the server is public facing. We could have a "Punchcard User" which redirects immediately to the custom web-controller after signing in, and save the user and password in the browser. Feedback?

Marco Kundert
On 11/7/15, 6:18 AM

Check out our module inclusive iPad app: https://apps.openerp.com/apps/modules/8.0/hr_employee_time_clock

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 2/18/14, 5:03 PM
Seen: 1341 times
Last updated: 11/7/15, 6:19 AM