Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Publication version stable OpenERP 8 [Closed]

By
Byron Freire
on 7/7/14, 11:46 AM 1,264 views

The Question has been closed for reason: duplicate question

by
Grover Menacho
on 07/07/2014 16:15:05

hello community ... 
would please help me with the issue of publication of the stable version of OpenERP v8 ... 
had understood that it would be this month and we would have this version 
am I right? .. 

At the moment let's follw this topic on this post: https://www.odoo.com/forum/Help-1/question/Release-date-of-Odoo-8-stable-version-on-github-56109

GH Mediacloud, Grover Menacho
on 7/7/14, 4:16 PM
Haider Alleg
On 7/7/14, 1:44 PM

Thanks Grover. Obviously we are starting multiple thread here and there about the same topic. Is there a way to get this one sticky and updated by the team to share the major news like that we are in RC1 since today?

On my case, I tested odoo it is great but too alpha for me to go in a more larger usage. Will wait the stable version hopefully before September as I need to be live, setup and operational by then.

Keep up the good work.

H

Grover Menacho

--Grover Menacho--
| 5 7 8
La Paz, Bolivia
--Grover Menacho--

Systems Engineer + MBA

Grover Menacho
On 7/7/14, 12:01 PM

Hello Byron.

Every release has their phases, on this case Odoo is changing from Odoo alpha version to RC. It doesn't mean that we're getting a stable version because fixes and changes happens all the time. But it's quite stable since you can start coding but maybe you'll have to change parameters of some functions. Maybe adapt to the new api if it's neccessary. But you can try the new version here: https://github.com/odoo/odoo

As you can see on this commit from today (2014-07-07): https://github.com/odoo/odoo/commit/139d868c9403b529e4a3d512e480208853e66246

We're on RC1

Update 1:

Antony Lesuisse message: 

The new api is now merged and the 8.0 branch has been pushed on github. Most  of the performance issues we had with the new api are now fixed and the speed  is roughly the same. We should see improvements as we move on to convert the  whole codebase to the new api (less switches from v8 <-> old). We are currently migrating to the new branch (internally and on the saas).  Here is a list of things still to do: - exporting translations - rename in a backward compatible way openerp -> odoo - fix the packaging - fix apps instalation - fix bugs that we will discover while migrating our online userbase Once this is done we will publish the new packages. In the mean time you may  already start your development on v8 as the database schema and api is now  frozen. We might break it if we find a huge problem that requires an api or  schema change, but this is unlikely.

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

4 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/7/14, 11:46 AM
Seen: 1264 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM