This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello,

In v12 I found myself struggling to set up such a simple thing as public holidays. It seems, that Leaves module was improved by quite a bit, however, I was not able to find a place to set up public holidays, which seems, should be essential part of any application, dealing with HR.

In previous versions of Odoo, I was using 3rd party modules like:

https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/10.0/hr_public_holidays/

However, its support ended at v10, I hope this is because Odoo implemented an out of the box solution?
Anyways, the need is to have a place to write down all the public holidays in a list, and for that place to be the source of truth for other HR apps to determine how many workdays were in a month, or how many days should be deducted from allocated leave days in case employee takes some annual paid leave days during some public holiday etc.. 

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Discard
Best Answer

For Setting the Public Holidays to activate the developer mode and navigate to Settings -> Technical -> Resource -> Working Times

From here you can set the public holidays, for more have a look at this, Public Holidays in Odoo 12

Thanks

Discard
Author

Thanks for the answer, Niyas, I noticed Global Leaves tab in Working Schedules before, however the concept of creating a relation between Public Holidays and Working Schedule seemed so inconvenient in comparison to relation to a company or a country, because you can have many Working Schedules in a company for different employees, and you are forced to copy-paste Global Leaves information to each of them, even though its the same information, because its country dependent. Thank You nonetheless.