Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Public "Contact us" v7 - Where does the messages go?

By
Ramesh Patel
on 6/9/13, 4:32 PM 2,125 views

I have enabled the public "Activate the public portal (company news, jobs, contact form, etc.)".

When I send an test message (logged in as newly created user, and not logged in) from the "About Us" -> "Contact us" form, I get the message "Thank you for your interest, we'll respond to your request shortly.".

But there is only created an record (content is missing) in as "System notification" / "Document created" in settings->E-mails->Messages (Related Document Model: portal_crm.crm_contact_us).

What do I have to do to let the form result send an email to an given email address?

micha1968
On 6/10/13, 3:52 PM

It is put in the system under Sales ->Leads

Your are right. I must be blind :-) Thanks. I would like to get a notification by email - perhaps some time in the future.

Ramesh Patel
on 6/10/13, 5:04 PM
Mind And Go
On 9/11/15, 6:34 PM

Take care that the outgoing email is probably the only issue : https://www.odoo.com/fr_FR/forum/help-1/question/email-notification-on-contact-form-submission-75733

Hiral Patel (hip)

--Hiral Patel (hip)--
Tiny ERP Pvt Ltd
http://www.odoo.com
| 2 1 5
India
--Hiral Patel (hip)--

Hiral Patel (hip)
On 6/10/13, 3:13 AM

You need to configure your Outgoing Mail Server.

Go to Settings -> Technical -> Email -> Outgoing Mail Server and fill the detail information.

Thanks.

I have configured the Outgoing Mail Server. Project issues works great with my catch-all email address. micha1968 is correct, they comes in Sales ->Leads.

Ramesh Patel
on 6/10/13, 5:10 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/9/13, 4:32 PM
Seen: 2125 times
Last updated: 9/11/15, 6:34 PM