Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Proxy driver for PoS

pos
By
agb80
on 9/17/13, 3:13 PM 5,656 views

I noticed in the openerp pos site, it mentioned this:

• Scales, cashboxes, and other peripherals can be used with the proxy API.

I can't seem to find much info on proxy API. Is there any documentation which I can refer to? Thanks.

agb80
On 9/17/13, 3:17 PM

Seems that one of the most popular questions about the OpenERP PoS module is how implement the Proxy API to make PoS module work with pos printers, barcode scanners and other pos devices.

We have created an implementation with the goal that could become the standard driver for Pos printers and other devices to use in conjunction with OpenERP PoS module.

Currently there is on early development stage and could be used for directly print to USB pos printers and for open cashdrawer connected to pos printer. Ethernet and serial printers must be work too but not tested yet.

Please feel free to try and contribute on Github repo: https://github.com/Fedrojesa/ProxyPoS

We have released a new version on ProxyPoS code, follow are the most notable changesnow it runs entirely on bottle.py web service and

agb80
on 12/3/13, 12:32 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/17/13, 3:13 PM
Seen: 5656 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM