Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

proxy api for pos? need help

By
eric machine
on 6/13/13, 2:55 PM 2,957 views

Hi everyone,

I noticed in the openerp pos site, it mentioned this:-

Scales, cashboxes, and other peripherals can be used with the proxy API.

I can't seem to find much info on proxy API. Is there any documentation which I can refer to? I need to make sure my cash machine can work properly with openerp 7 pos.

Any help? Thanks.

agb80
On 8/23/13, 4:17 AM

We are working on develop a standar ProxyPoS for work with OpenERP, please feel free to try it and provide any sugestion and improvement here: https://github.com/Fedrojesa/ProxyPoS

I get to a login screen, any demo user and password? When do you plan om making the proxy available? Is there a version available that i can test om my server?

Fritz Schlechter
on 8/23/13, 4:51 AM

I'm going to check with sysadmin if there is way to make the repo available to public or if we can setup a Github repo fot host the project. I will let you know

agb80
on 8/23/13, 3:18 PM

Corrected the link to a GitHub public repo

agb80
on 9/17/13, 3:04 PM
Fritz Schlechter
On 8/23/13, 12:11 AM

This seem to be a very popular question, and the reply if any is given is read the manual. You question and mine is the same where is the manual or which chapter.

From what i could find from litterally spending 2 weeks on google and several migraines is:

1. Client computer need to have a proxy api setup.
  2. To setup proxy api, a openerp install must be made on the local client, this part i'm missing out on, cause i've done that, but how do i gt this local installation to work off my server.
  3. Barcodes would then anyways not scan in pos, unless it is ean barcodes. There is a fix for that however, a devices.js file need to be modified. This file also contains comments about the client proxy calling the file.

For now my effort to find an answer to openerp's complex undocumented pos configuration has stopped. My focus currently is to find another free erp system wit pos funtionality.

By the way, there is another file located in the same directory as the diveces.js that contains commets about the offline functionality and it clearly state that offline functionality was dropped due to complexity, therefore my conclusion is that openerp is currently mis-advertising their product and the lack of information and lack of developer feedback isn't promoting this product as a true opensource and free program, instead i get the feeling that information is kept from sharing delibirately to force community users to buy support.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/13/13, 2:55 PM
Seen: 2957 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM