Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Proper way to customize Invoice reports on Odoo 7

Jonathan Vargas
on 6/23/14, 7:32 PM 5,029 views

Hi there,

I found that printable invoices are customizable by editing account_print_invoice.rml file.

But then I found that RML is not as easy HTML, so I wanted to ask you some guidance on:

1. Is account_print_invoice.rml the main file one starts editing when customizing an invoice report? Am I ok doing this?

2. Is there some kind of tool, like an RML designer, to quickly build and review the report instead of making on the fly changes and using the "Print Button"?

3. Is there a different design format or way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

| 6 5 8

On 6/24/14, 10:07 AM

Another option is to install webkit_report module. 

After what you can edit reports in HTML with MAKO vars.

Amol Gangajaliwale
On 6/24/14, 9:08 AM

Hi Jonathan,

Yes you can Edit reports through openerp report designer.

Please follow the link. It might help you

Hi amol.. but current linux is providing libre office only. that doesnt support openerp report designer.. please give me some help.

on 11/21/14, 1:03 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 6/23/14, 7:32 PM
Seen: 5029 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM