Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Project hierarchic tree view?

By
Alejandro Santana
on 7/2/13, 4:24 AM 1,924 views

Is it possible to display the full hierarchic tree of a project with several subproject levels and subtasks? (Both in 6.1 and 7.0)

I will put an example to show what I need and also what I am getting. Let's say we have this kind of multilevel project:

• Project_1 (level 1)
    • Project_1_1 (n2)
  • - - Task_1_1_a (n2) (parent)
  • - - - Task_1_1_a_a (n3) (child)
    • Project_1_2 (n2)
  • - - Project_1_2_1 (n3)
  • - - - Task_1_2_1_a (n4)
  • - - - Task_1_2_1_b (n4) (parent)
  • - - - - Task_1_2_1_b_a (n5) (child)
  • - - - Task_1_2_1_c (n4)
  • - - - Task_1_2_1_d (n4)
  • - - Project_1_2_2 (n3)
    • Project_1_3 (n2)
  • Project_2 (n1)

As we can see, I can define a multilevel structure with projects-subprojects and tasks-subtasks, as layered as I want. But I cannot show them in a tree, folding and unfolding levels.

The only thing I was able to get is filtering by 'project', but with an unwanted result. That way I can display in 2 levels: 1-projects and 2-tasks. But that just places all projects in the same display level, whether they are parent or child. The same with tasks. Thus I completely loose a global vision and all gets confused.

This is what I get:

• Project_1 (level 1)
  • Project_1_1 (n2)
    • Task_1_1_a (n2) (parent)
    • Task_1_1_a_a (n3) (child)
  • Project_1_2 (n2)
  • Project_1_2_1 (n3)
    • Task_1_2_1_a (n4)
    • Task_1_2_1_b (n4) (parent)
    • Task_1_2_1_b_a (n5) (child)
    • Task_1_2_1_c (n4)
    • Task_1_2_1_d (n4)
  • Project_1_2_2 (n3)
  • Project_1_3 (n2)
  • Project_2 (n1)

And surely the same happens in analytic contability too.

So... Is there a way to display the full tree? Any module? Anything?

Gaston Huot
On 3/24/15, 9:37 AM

Did you find the answer to your question ?

I also want to do that (by the way this forum is not that good for resolving issues? There is no answer to your question. The LinkedIn group seems, at first, better for that)

Thanks,

GH

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/2/13, 4:24 AM
Seen: 1924 times
Last updated: 3/24/15, 10:04 AM