Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

project budget management

on 4/22/13, 6:22 AM 3,309 views

I would like to set up budgets for departments & projects using the standard budget functionality in OpenERP 7.0. I've created the budgetary positions and budgetlines. For each customer invoice and supplier invoice I can assign the analytic account so it is picked up in the budget. However, I cannot find a way of assigning the cost of materials picked from stock (make-to-stock) and allocated it to a project. Since there is no invoice in this case, I can't find a way of specifying the project analytic account.

BR, Volvin

| 5 2 6
Lomé, Togo

On 8/7/14, 1:34 PM

Hi Volvin,

When you want to record cost of materials picked from stock(make-to-stock) in project side that mean your want to affect your analytic accounting. However in accounting, financial and analytic accounting must give the same result(the same profit/loss). This fact oblige you to declare also your cost of materials in financial accounting side. So i'll just advise you to use journal entries in wich you will be able to declare the cost of materials both in financial and analytic(budget ou projet) accounting without creating any invoice.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 4/22/13, 6:22 AM
Seen: 3309 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM